I chose Free Cancellation
All you need to do is:
Log into your Hostelworld account.
- Find your booking, and click on the Change option
- Choose your new room type/number of guests/nights and confirm.
- If your new deposit is lower than your original, you will be refunded the difference in 7-10 working days
- If your new deposit is higher than your original, you will be charged the difference on confirming your change.
Please note - If you made your booking prior to 9th June 2020 - you will not have the option of changing online. You will need to cancel and rebook. Or, if you want to cancel by calling or emailing the hostel, you’ll find their contact details in My Trips on the Hostelworld app and in the booking confirmation email.
I have a Flexible Booking
All you need to do is:
1. Log into your Hostelworld account by clicking here.
2. Find your booking.
3. Click on “Cancel”.
4. The property will be automatically notified, and your voucher will be added right away. Simply log into the same account that the voucher is associated with, for it to apply towards your deposit on your new booking.
5. Or, you can contact the property directly to change. Just give them a call or send them an email using their contact details on your confirmation email.
I have a Non-Flexible Booking
You can change your booking in one of 2 ways:
- Online through your Hostelworld account - Simply log in, find your booking, and click on ‘Change’. Change your dates/room type etc and then fill in your payment details. Once confirmed, you will be given a new booking reference number.
2. Contact the hostel. You’ll find their contact details in My Trips on the Hostelworld app and in the booking confirmation email. Let them know you wish to change your booking.
Don’t forget: The deposit you paid is non-refundable. This means if you are cancelling any part of your booking, the deposit you have paid for those dates is non-refundable
I have a Non Refundable Booking
As a non refundable booking cannot be changed online through your Hostelworld account, you will need to change it directly with the hostel. Just send them an email or give them a call. Just be aware that the changes might not be possible as your dates are set.
Please note: The full balance can still be charged in full by the hostel even if you shorten your stay or reduce your number of guests.
Have more questions? Submit a request